As a member of the management team within the plant and in close cooperation with Corporate Quality departments, map, organize and control all quality management activities for the plant.
In conjunction with the quality laboratory and Quality Management technician’s team meet operational plant objectives and corporate objective in terms of Quality and Food Safety.
- Organize, supervise, plan and monitor the work of quality technicians under its supervision (schedules, holidays, overtime, sickness, training, hiring qualified staff, etc.);
- Ensure with her/his team and in collaboration with the various stakeholders of the plant, the implementation of corporate quality programs and the achievement of standards of Good Manufacturing Practices, safety and quality, and product compliance. Prepare and manage internal and external audits;
- Participate in the plant management team meetings as the representative (s) Quality; contribute with the team to achieve the objectives, including those of plant Health and Safety;
- Inform the production and plant management of corporate risks, deviations, non-compliance or out of control situations that could put at risk, the quality or safety of our food products;
- Perform the compilation along with quality technicians the analysis and communication of quality data collected by production of any consumer complaints;
- Ensure the implementation of corrective actions or continuous improvement projects to correct non-conformities and achieve the quality objectives;
- Monitor sensitive consumer complaints, investigate and respond to requests for information or corrective action plans of our customers, government agencies or corporate;
- Monitor for safety of the products (finished products and raw materials), define the analysis or checks required on these products, and make decisions along with the plant and corporate;
- Participate with all departments (R & D, technical team, production, preparation) when changing or introducing new products, processes, equipment, specifications, methods;
- Participate in various panels of sensory evaluation products;
- Participates in the development of the annual budget of the quality department (labour, equipment, etc.);
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor of Science and Food Technology or equivalent;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in quality management in processing industry and food packaging;
- Experience in a food/beverage manufacturing environment is preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Functional knowledge of oral and written French an asset;
- Excellent planning, analytical and organizational skills;
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Lassonde Inc.
Lassonde is an active, growing, and innovative company. To support this growth, we are always on the lookout for new, talented people with a serious interest in the agri-food industry—people who will enable us to continue to reach even higher.
Submit my application
your request will be processed as quickly as possible.